We have many clients that come in for deep tissue massage due to various reasons: tight muscles that need a certain amount of pressure, chronic stress and tension, sports activities, tight fascia, overuse of certain parts of the body, or poor body mechanics at work (on the computer with no ergonomics or standing workstations), etc.
For most of these clients, I highly recommend Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage. And, after receiving a Deep Tissue Ashiatsu Massage treatment, most of our clients continue coming back for more. They rave about how much Ashiatsu has changed their life for the better – and there’s nothing that makes us happier at blue marigold massage, then to hear those words!
However, there are certain times or conditions when Ashiatsu may be contraindicated, including;
- Broken bones or Fractures
- Advanced diabetes (when signs of neuropathy exist)
- High Blood Pressure, HBP, Hypertension (if unstable or uncontrolled)
- Hemophilia or other blood/clotting disorders
- Current use of blood thinners
- Phlebitis, Thrombosis, DVT, Active blood clot
- Contagious conditions or infections (Colds, Flu, or Contagious skin conditions)
- Acute injuries
- Swelling or inflammation
- Any recent surgery (e.g., back, abdominal, hip, knee, or breast surgery)
Additional Ashiatsu Contraindications
- Recent Implants (such as pace makers or breast implants)
- Frail individuals
- Pregnancy (or possible pregnancy)
- Varicose veins
- Ruptured discs
- Kidney disease
If you have a serious medical condition, please always consult your doctor to see if massage (specifically Deep Tissue massage) is advised or contraindicated for you. We also offer more gentle forms of massage here at our studio including Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Reflexology, and Abdominal Massage.